Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Perfect Day

Since returning to St. Louis in August, my life has been a non-stop whirlwind of things to do.  More than ever, I am grateful for my Sundays.  On Sundays, law school doesn't exist, the job hunt doesn't exist, cleaning my apartment doesn't exist, deadlines do not exist.  I  usually relax, or play with friends, or do just whatever I feel like.  Last Sunday was perhaps the perfect day.

One of my dearest friends was visiting from out of town, and so we had a lazy morning, eating breakfast and just talking before she had to leave.  After she left, I went to church, and made a pit stop at Goodwill on my way home to get the last part of my Halloween costume (I'm going as where's Waldo).  Have I ever mentioned how much I love Goodwill?


Sunday afternoon was then spent carving pumpkins with my roommates.


Here are our finished products!  Mine is the hipster pumpkin with the mustache :-)


After pumpkin carving, we all put on cute dresses and took pictures :-)  It was so much fun (plus we are a good looking apartment, aren't we?)


After pictures, a friend of ours came over and took us to play tennis.  I still do not understand the scoring in tennis, and I only hit it over the net about every other time, but it still was a blast!  Rachel definitely was the best tennis player.

The day ended watching the Cardinals game at a college friend's apartment (cuz we don't get tv stations at our place).  And the Cards won!!!  It was the icing on the cake of a perfect day.  I'm still bummed they lost last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment